Our School - Scoil Bhride Ballyragget

Go to content

Main menu:

Our School

Our School

Scoil Naomh Bhríde is a Roman Catholic Primary School.

We have a teaching staff of seven, comprising of
five class teachers, one learning resource and
one learning support teacher.

We are under the patronage of the Bishop of Ossory.

Our Mission Statement:
Scoil Bhríde is a Roman Catholic school, which sees itself as a community of children, and teachers who seek to develop the whole person in our students by creating a learning environment sensitive to each child’s needs and developmental level. In our school, parents/guardians & teachers are co-partners in the child’s education. We see our school as a learning community where Christian values find constant expression in the daily routine.


Our School History:
The school was founded by the Sisters of Mercy, who had first come to Ballyragget in 1909. The current building was opened in 1949, under the trusteeship of the Sisters of Mercy. The building was extended and renovated in 1986.
In 2011, the trusteeship of the school was transferred from the Sisters of Mercy to the Diocese of Ossory.

The school continues to embrace the Mercy Philosophy of Education, inspired by Catherine McAuley (1778 – 1841), who founded the Sisters of Mercy in 1831.

"Mercy education is committed to holistic development and to the achievement of the full potential of each student".


 
Back to content | Back to main menu